QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Monday, May 01, 2006

My Sons heart

Having just moved into our apartment I had only seen our neighbors daughter and not her. So when Angel announced she was outside I wanted a peak. I walked over to the window and looked through the blinds. There were a couple of adults so I didn’t know which one she was. He said “she is the one in the flowery dress. She looks very pretty in it”. And she did. What I find special about this moment is the fact that the woman he was talking about is obese. I wouldn’t say morbidly but it looks as though she is not far from it. I wanted to share this story to express one of the many things I love about my Angel. His heart is “fat blind”. I know that is a weird thing to say but in a world where people look upon obese people with disgust my son does not. I have heard his friends make fun of obese people and he will defend them.

This is by far not the only example of this trait that he has, but it is the one that sticks out the most right now. As a matter of fact his girlfriends are the girls that the other students call “fat” even though they are not overweight they are just not the “Skinny Minnie” type. And on a couple of occasions has almost been in a fight over the fact some butt head called one of them so.

He as always been one to accept you for your heart and not your appearance it makes me proud.

He has also expressed his concern with me having WLS. He does not like me loosing weight. I understand that it is mostly because change is pretty scary and he is comfortable with where I was and these drastic changes put him into unknown territory. He always says “your getting too skinny”, “you looked better when you were bigger”, “I don’t like your decision but I will support it” Etc...

He is such a wonderful boy. Not just because he is “fat blind” but because he is who he is. I was truly blessed by having him and just as his nickname states he is my Angel.

Posted by The Catapillar :: 11:15 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------