QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

On top of Ol' Smokey :)

Well, I am going through my blog roll in what seems to be the first time in a very long time and catching up on everyone when I saw this recipe for sausage meatballs on Holly's blog. It inspired me to share my ground Turkey meatball recipe. Its a great source of protein and they are very tasty

Tunie's Turkey Balls
(Tunie is short for Looney Toons one of my Nick Names)

Ingredients:
1 medium onion or 1/2 a large one chopped
tbl olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced (or tbl of pre-menced garlic)
5 - 10 oz chopped mushrooms
1 lb ground turkey (I don't get the all breast as it is somewhat dry)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup white wine
1 egg
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions: (preheat oven to 350)
1. Saute onions, garlic, mushrooms in the olive oil when mushrooms release their moisture add white wine and cook down (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes
2. In a large bowl combine ground turkey, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper and saute mixture and stir until well blended.
3. I use an ice cream scoop to get perfectly even meat balls every time :) Spoon out turkey mixture and ball. Place on an ungreesed sheet for cooking.
4. Sprinkle the balls with Parmesan cheese (optional
4. Bake until turkey is cooked through. (I didn't time it so I have no Idea how long) I will wager a guess of about 15 minutes it didn't take too long.


Since I can only eat two or three of them at a time I bagged them in individual servings and froze them. They made great quick fix meal and the recipe when using an ice cream scoop yielded 24 balls. They lasted forever.

Thanks Holly for inspiring me to write down this recipe. I hope ya'll like it.

Posted by The Catapillar :: 4:10 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------