QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Long Time No Read

Well, Its been a very long time since I've blogged about my WLS progress or anything really pertaining to it hasnt it? I have hit a couple of plateaus and its pretty disappointing to me. I am (I think) avoiding posting about these mostly because in a small way this blog holds me accountable and if I don’t tell my online blogger friends that I am not following all the rules like I was so planning on then I don’t really have to answer for it. I know… I know… that’s crazy! So here is a brief update and a promise…

I am currently at 188 according to my scale that puts me at a total loss of 95 lbs. This is absolutely FANTASTIC and I am truly excited about it. I know this does not look like a plateau but I stayed at 200 even for weeks and this last 12 lbs just started falling off when I got back to the gym. I not only have lost 95 lbs (5 more to the century mark) I have dropped from a size 24/26 to a 12/14 (mostly 14) pants and a 16/18 shirt. I thank God every day for this life saving surgery and I pray I won’t mess it up.

I read an article in people magazine about Carnie Wilson… The most famous Gastric Bypass Patient on earth it seams and she at least let me know that the things I have been going through are normal (not an excuse just reassurement) She will be on VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club Reality show. She dropped the 70 lbs she gained during her pregnancy. Anywho back to the subject that I am so avoiding…

FOOD

I have been working out. In most cases three times a week for at least 6 weeks. I do yoga on Thursdays, cardio on Tuesdays and Saturdays and resistance training on Tuesdays. I just went to my first hi/lo class and I am in pain but I made it all the way through with only a couple of stops along the way (before I wouldn’t have made it 5 minutes) so this portion of my lifestyle change is beginning and getting stronger. I can actually feel myself wanting to go to the gym even on the days that my son doesn’t have Tae Kwon Do. That’s amazing because I have always in the past avoided the gym at all costs. I look forward to moving into the state my Soul Sister is at… she is very dedicated to working out and this works to inspire me to do the same…

I know that I have been given a wonderful tool, not a magic potion or a miracle cure (although miracle seems quite fitting) and it is up to me to change my habits and I am making slow progress in doing that. I have abstained from all sugar (until most recently) and still go sugar free the majority of the time. I eat lots of protein or at least I try. But it seems the “snack bug” has crept up on me once again. I snack better but I am still snacking. Stuff like cheese, crackers, raisins, fruit, veggies, etc… I will occasionally have chips and salsa (at the Mexican restaurant) but I don’t buy these things for my house. The “Head Hunger” has slapped me in the face again and I guess its going to be hard to fight it.
Images:


Posted by The Catapillar :: 10:07 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------